About Me

My photo
lifelong learner, online learning coordinator, social studies online teacher, adjunct instructor, case monitor, technology integrationist, alternative high school teacher, mom, abstract random, orange, ENTP-A, ideation, input, includer, stratgic, command...

Friday, September 3, 2010

Where's the time?????

Dear Teachers,

Don't you wish there were more hours in the day or that you could go days without sleep? I know I do, especially at the beginning of the school year. I have social studies classes to plan, a room to get ready, clubs to form, committees to join, relationships to build, names to learn, etc. and that is just my teacher role. I am also the tech specialist in our building which adds trainings, work orders, quick-fixes, questions, technology classes to plan, etc. There just isn't enough time in the day to get this all done...I am only contracted for 8 hours a day!! I believe that I have learned something that is going to help me to make this a little easier.

I started a training wiki for Walnut Creek Campus that will hopefully be used by the teachers, considering all the work I have put into it. In my perfect world, all the teachers in my building will turn to this wiki to give them ideas of ways to integrate technology into their already existing lessons and to help each other with questions, rather than just come find me on an as needed basis, as well as eliminating me answering the same question 12 times to 12 different teachers. The next step, getting the staff to use it.

Finally, what have other tech specialist done to get teachers to integrate technology? Is there any advice out their for a newbie that is willing to try anything? Please check out the wiki and offer any suggestions for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment