I can honestly say that I have never had a class, training or staff development go as fast as today did. Never once, did I find myself looking at the clock wondering when it was going to end. It ended before I was ready and was honestly still wanting more. The highlight of the day hands over was meeting the Cool Cat Teacher, Vicki Davis. What an amazing teacher!! I loved her support for the grassroots movements that so many teachers are doing all over this country to inspire their students in incorporate technology into their classrooms.
Luckily, the rest of the day was learning more details about some programs that I have already been using, just not to their full potential: iGoogle and Diigo. It was a little self-gratifying to already have my accounts and pages set up, maybe I am not as far behind as I thought I was. I got a taste of GoogleDocs by starting a project and will be using my "free" time this week to play with that more. My second favorite part was a small conversation I had with Dr. Z about staff development at my school. He gave me the idea of a wiki and I ran with it. I created a wiki on wikispaces and invited all my co-workers to it (sorry Dr. Z, yes, during class) and am hoping that we can get some great things going for next year. For the most part, my co-workers are ready, willing and eager to learn so we could be doing some great things next year.
All in all, a great day.....well, besides some hang ups with my living quarters and no Internet, however I found some friends to help me through that and remembered to bring my handy dandy US Cellular internet stick (lacking the actual name for this device that makes the 3G network accessible from anywhere......LOVE it!!) so the night still ended on a great note.

Congratulations on having a great day! I love iGoogle and Diigo also and look forward to hearing how you'll use it in your classroom!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the shout out!! It is always nice to be encouraged!
Wiki-ing during class. It is always so frustrating when students can't wait to implement what they are learning in class into their real lives. LOL.
ReplyDeleteZ