About Me

My photo
lifelong learner, online learning coordinator, social studies online teacher, adjunct instructor, case monitor, technology integrationist, alternative high school teacher, mom, abstract random, orange, ENTP-A, ideation, input, includer, stratgic, command...

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Blog and Wiki Training

Wikis provide a homepage for a group of people to collaborate that they can edit by adding information, links and videos. I started using wikis in my classroom about six years ago. I created a social studies wiki that my students could all access from the Internet to download all their projects, communicate with me about the assignments and post helpful hints to each other as they worked through their projects. Now, as a building tech, I use a wiki to support the staff as they integrate technology into their curriculum. I post links to anything and everything that I find helpful and the staff can use the wiki to ask me or each other questions. Your wiki can become the focal point of ideas for blogging, short cuts, how to's, etc. The following are short video tutorials about the creation of a wiki.





2 comments:

  1. Thanks Carrie for inviting me into your classroom and also teaching me these great tools to aid not only in teaching students but also connecting with people on a new level!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being such an awesome sub and playing along with me!!! You definitely go above and beyond!!!

    ReplyDelete