About Me

My photo
lifelong learner, online learning coordinator, social studies online teacher, adjunct instructor, case monitor, technology integrationist, alternative high school teacher, mom, abstract random, orange, ENTP-A, ideation, input, includer, stratgic, command...

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

When did I become a geek??!!

Walk into a low lighted bar and there is a group of four sitting at a bar with the music blaring, eating pizza, drinking beer and talking about music, life, family, and college memories. A typical night at the bar with friends.......except for one thing, there are four laptops on the table among the beer bottles, pizza and dirty plates and all of us are blogging, discussing class and technology. When did my life become this?!?!?

I swear I am not a geek, however when I look at my life right now I would completely call myself a geek. I am so enthralled with all the technology that I am using and the ideas that are running around in my head for next year. I have already created a wiki for next year for the WCC staff to use in our technology training and two of my co-workers have already joined!!!!! I am also LOVING the group of teachers that I am working with!! Each of them offer so much to class and I am learning just as much from them as I am from Dr. Z.

So, I guess I am a geek and I am actually loving it!!


4 comments:

  1. You are not officially a geek until you get a pocket protector and put pens in the breast pocket. I have noticed some professors do this (I will not name any specific teachers), but the "pen move", as I call it, officially elevates you to geek. Keep aspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep thinking about the word geek. Never would I have thought of myself as a computer geek, but, these past few weeks have me wondering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geek is good. I geek geeks. And if you are learning as much from your classmates and on your own as you are from your prof, I geek you AND your prof!

    ReplyDelete