About Me

My photo
lifelong learner, online learning coordinator, social studies online teacher, adjunct instructor, case monitor, technology integrationist, alternative high school teacher, mom, abstract random, orange, ENTP-A, ideation, input, includer, stratgic, command...

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Beijing Trip: Final Day of Conference

IowaTeamatFCCwithVicki by UNI Dr. Z
IowaTeamatFCCwithVicki a photo by UNI Dr. Z on Flickr.
Watching the closing ceremony of the conference and saying good-bye to the students and educators was bittersweet. I had to go back to the monotony of the real world, assignments to give, papers to grade, standards and benchmarks to meet. I was excited to go home and see my children, husband, family, students and co-workers. And, yes to eat western food again was going to be wonderful!!

I had very quickly grown accustomed to the global world and knew that I was going to miss that dearly. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting and getting to know students and teachers from all over the world. It was so interesting to hear about their life, their experiences, and their culture first hand and not from a computer screen or a video. As we left the BISS campus, I found myself wondering if the momentum would continue and just exactly what I was going to do to keep it going in my own world. I will email each and every person that I received cards from and hope that each person that I gave a card to will do the same. I will share my experiences with my students and other teachers. Most importantly, I will do something I never thought I would do, present to the WDM school board about the amazing possibilities offered by the Flat Classroom Project for students. I will be back, with my own group of high school students participating in the conference again and hopefully changing their world.

No comments:

Post a Comment