Day One:
We arrived in Beijing Sunday night around 6:00, dropped off our luggage at our hotel and then went to an acrobatic show. It was amazing!! Unfortunately I was so exhausted from the flight and time change that I kept nodding off during the show, along with most of my friends. We got back to the hotel, checked-in and settled into my room. I went right to sleep, even on rock hard beds, not exaggerating, like sleeping on a board. The next morning, I got to skype with my family and it was so nice to see them. Gracie made me a flower and was showing it to me, then she put it up to the computer, where my video was and asked me to smell it. So cute!! Today, we visited the Ming Tombs and the Sacred Way. We then had a traditional Chinese lunch, I have only been able to eat noodles. Found out that southern Chinese eat rice, northern Chinese eat noodles. So, no rice here. I did step out of my box and tried a pork dish. I was told the tiny white strips were noodles, turns out they were onions…..you all would have laughed at my face!! They did serve sweet and sour pork, so I was able to eat a little. This evening we watched a beautiful kung fu show. I gave up trying to sleep on the bed and slept on the little love seat in our room, much better than the bed.

No comments:
Post a Comment