About Me

My photo
lifelong learner, online learning coordinator, social studies online teacher, adjunct instructor, case monitor, technology integrationist, alternative high school teacher, mom, abstract random, orange, ENTP-A, ideation, input, includer, stratgic, command...

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Trip to Beijing: Day 3

This day was a much more relaxing day. More and more people are starting to make their way into town for the Flat Conference, so our little group enjoyed the addition of teachers from New Zealand, New York and Malaysia. It was very interesting to talk with them about their teaching experiences in their part of the world. We toured an amazing school called Western Academy of Beijing. If I was single with no kids, I would apply to work in their school in half a heartbeat! They are a 1:1 school and doing amazing things with technology and project based learning.

Then, in the afternoon we had our first presenter meeting for the Flat Classroom Conference. I had goosebumps listening to the presenters talk about what we were going to be doing, what the students were going to be accomplishing and what the teachers were going to spend time doing. It was truly an honor to be working with such an amazing group of educators and could not wait to experience the conference for the first time. Hopefully, I will be bringing back groups of West Des Moines student for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment